Community Improvement Plan Grants and Application
Community Improvement Plan (CIP)
The goal of the Community Improvement Plan, is to stimulate and encourage growth and development within Johnson Township. The CIP does this by offering limited assistance in a variety of areas. The CIP is an investment in our Township. Beautification, accessibility and growth will benefit everyone by raising the value of properties and businesses. Attracting new residents and businesses to the Township will generate more tax dollars.
The CIP plans can change as new ideas are identified, or a current CIP idea is removed when it no longer needs as much support.
The current CIP offers the following incentives and grants:
- Exterior Improvement Grant for businesses throughout the Township:
- Maximum Grant up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $8000.00
- Agriculture Value – Added Program for agriculture throughout the Township:
- Maximum Grant up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $5000.00
- Residential Exterior Improvement Grant for residents within the Hamlet only.
- Maximum Grant up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $1000.00
- Tax Increment Equivalent Grant, available to all development throughout the Township
- Phase in of taxes from Pre-development to Post development to ensure that tax increases are not a barrier to investing in Johnson Township
- Accessibility Improvement Grant for business throughout the Township
- Maximum Grant up to 50% of project costs to a maximum of $2000.00
- Fee Rebate Program throughout the Township
- Grant will be a % of fees waived based on the total project value
If you are interested in any of these Grants please contact the office to discuss your project.