Summer Day Camp, Wk. 3, Aug 4-6
Please Click on the image to download a pdf copy. The Hike to the Black Hole will be conducted by the Kensington Conservancy.
• Our summer youth employees will be there to help supervise.
• Meeting is at 10 am at the staging area for the Black Hole hike, on the south side of Hwy 17 at Smith Rd. It is recommended that you park on Smith rd., a bit back from the stop sign and walk your children across the highway to the staging area. The Township and Kensington Conservancy cannot take responsibility for the children until they are on the Kensington Conservancy property. There is no room for parking on the actual highway and pulling over to drop off is NOT recommended.
• Children should bring water, a snack, and appropriate footware. No sharing will be allowed, and social distancing and hand sanitizing will be followed
• NOTE: The grass is long and tends to be damp in the morning. Also, FYI, ticks have been seen in this area – Algoma Public Health wants people to be aware of this but also states that black legged ticks are extremely rare in the area and there are no cases of lyme disease or evidence of lyme disease-bearing ticks anywhere in Algoma at this time.
• The hike will take close to 2 hours with a break for a snack. The trail can be rough in places.
• It would be good to have a contact cell number from participating families in case of emergency. We will be providing a waiver/registration sheet at the beginning of the hike.
Contact Pat at email@example.com or call 782 6601 ext 1205 for more info.