Call for Application – Economic Development Committee
The Economic Development Committee is a Committee of Council established to advise Council on matters associated with generating and sustaining employment and business investment in the Township of Johnson while supporting the overall objectives of the Township and the actions within any Strategic or Municipal Business Plan.
· Advise Council on matters that fit within the purpose of the Committee.
· When requested, advise Council on implementation of approved actions.
· Develop a unified vision with goal setting/action items for endorsement by Council through an economic development plan.
· Report annually to Council at minimum.
· Liaise with existing businesses and facilitate the development of new enterprises through the support and provision of opportunities for new economic growth
· Seek out and identify opportunities to help the Township achieve economic sustainability as set out in the current Strategic or Municipal Business Plan.
Summary of Required Qualifications and Skills for Applicants:
• Must live, own or be a tenant of land in the Township of Johnson
• Have an interest in diversifying and adding positively to the economy in the Township
• Work well in a group setting while respecting the rules of governance
• Have a general understanding of business or economic development acumen
Qualified candidates are invited to submit an introductory letter stating your interest in the Committee and how you think you can contribute to the mandate. Letters should be clearly marked “Economic Development Committee” “Confidential” on or before March 15, 2020 to:
Chris Wray, Clerk
Township of Johnson
P.O. Box 160
1 Johnson Drive
Desbarats, ON P0R 1E0
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
Please click HERE to download a PDF copy of this announcement.