Municipal Councillor Vacancy
The Corporation of the Township of Johnson is seeking applicants to fill a vacancy on Municipal Council. The successful applicant will fulfill the remaining term of Office until November 2022.
· A resident of the Township or a Non-Resident Owner or Tenant of land in the Township or the spouse of such a Non-Resident Owner or Tenant
· A Canadian Citizen
· At least 18 years of age
· Not disqualified by any legislation from holding Municipal Office
Interested parties are encouraged to submit a Letter of Interest expressing:
· Interest in being a Council Member
· Outlining any prior community and / or Council involvement
· Familiarity with municipal government and local issues
Letters of Interest must be received by 4:30 P.M., on Friday, October 18, 2019. It is anticipated that the Township will be in contact with all applicants with further details once the deadline has passed.
Please submit all Letters of Interest to;
Chris Wray, Clerk
The Corporation of the Township of Johnson
1 Johnson Drive
Desbarats, ON P0R 1E0
Please note that all submitted letters will be subject to review and a selection process that will be conducted at a Council Meeting. Please note that the information collected may be subject to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The information collected and used in accordance with this advertisement is for the purposes of Councillor section only.
To download a PDF copy of this advertisement, please click HERE.