Johnson Township Now Accepting Resumes for Summer Employment Opportunities
(*Pending Government Funding)
Positions in Recreation for youth from 15 to 29 years of age. Applicants must:
- Have some experience and basic skills in: grass cutting, painting, basic maintenance, sports & recreation, event management, Word/Excel/desktop publishing; working with children may be an asset. G Drivers License an asset.
- Have excellent social, communication and organizational skills
- Be self-motivated and a team player
- Be able to work flexible hours during community activities
- Be able to operate grass cutting machinery; training will be provided.
Positions in Public Works for youth from 16 to 29 years of age. Successful applicants:
- will work with and assist the public works department in construction and maintenance projects on roads, bridges, municipal facilities and for recreational and community events;
- will assist the Roads Crew with flagging operations, small construction and maintenance projects, small equipment operation and maintenance, painting, cleaning, grass cutting and facility cleaning and maintenance. Training will be provided; and
- must have Ontario G-level Driver’s License
Applicant should indicate the positions in which they are interested. Only those candidates accepted for interviews will be contacted.
Note: The Township of Johnson operates in compliance with the advice, recommendations and instructions of public health officials, including those on physical distancing, cleaning or disinfecting. These directives may affect the duties and responsibilities of the youth employee.
Resumes will be accepted by email, mail or in person until Thursday, April 08, 2021, 4:30PM, at:
Township of Johnson
Summer Job Opportunities
1 Johnson Dr., PO Box 160
Desbarats, ON P0R 1E0
More info: 705 782 6601